Friday, September 21, 2012

Love Letter to a Star

You step into the box
the doctor closes the door
behind you
I stand watching
for ten songs' time
following each recycled breath
with my own two lungs.

You bravely look forward
as tubes and technology
calculate your fate
but all I can do is stare
at my favorite flower
in a glass case
like a fairytale.

If only this were make-believe.

Truth is-
the moment that door closed
I learned what love is.

I knew I would Walk Through Hell
and fight Intergalactic wars
just to be Stuck in the Middle With You
where we could Build A Home
and sail Into the Mystic
under the Amber sun
gazing at a sky with No Rain
and always reminding me "Don't Panic"
like you knew it's Just What I Needed
because even when life is a Bittersweet Symphony
it's still the most incredible playlist I know
when we are together.

The doctor opens the door
smiling with a mouthful of good news
as we exhale days of fear
and inhale a lifetime of love
I realize-

the happiest I've ever been
is when I'm breathing with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment