Sunday, June 17, 2012

The World's A Rollercoaster

So what do you do when something you’ve been waiting to happen finally does happen? How do you feel?

In the past when a situation like that would occur, I would spend a lot of time overanalyzing details. I would be thinking of what went well, what didn’t go well, what could have been better. All thoughts/words/actions of the event would loop in my mind like a television marathon. Rerun after rerun.  As if somehow I expected to see or understand something new that I didn’t notice the first time.

The good news…

It’s been a big year/month/week for me in terms of self development, and I’m no longer thinking like that. Last night I had a wonderful night. No expectations, no analyzing, no clouds in my head. I just felt happy. Happy to be where I was and with the people that were there. For the first time, I felt present. I was mindful.

I am living in the moment.

It feels better than I ever knew. I haven’t let thoughts of last night take over my mind or my day. I’m not worried about anyone else’s opinions or reactions. I’m not thinking what could happen next. I’m not thinking of anything but the here and now. And in this moment I am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment